Olivier Roy on Laicite as Ideology, the Myth of ‘National Identity’ and Racism in the French Republic
Following the Charlie Hebdo attacks, Professor Olivier Roy, Head of the Mediterranean Program at the European University Institute discusses the devel...
Are we underestimating the scope of Islamic State (IS) by referring to it as a "terrorist militia"? IS raises taxes, recruits soldiers, pays officials...
Ever since the landmark US Supreme Court decision on June 26 making same-sex marriage legal in the US, debate has emerged among Muslims worldwide abou...
- Knowledge & Education: ALBERT CAMUS
- Amira Hass: “Let me be blunt: Gaza is a Huge Concentration Camp”
- Étienne Balibar: The relations Greece and Europe need -(part I)
- Étienne Balibar: The relations Greece and Europe need (Part II)
- Knowledge & Education: Michel Foucault, “Philosopher of Power”
- Saudi Arabia—This is Leadership?
This past Spring Amira Hass, correspondent for Haaretz, spoke at the Forum for Scholars and Publics at Duke University. Hass, an Israeli...
- Islamic history is full of free thinkers – but recent attempts to suppress critical thought are verging on the absurd
- How Nouri al-Maliki´s Policies are Dooming Iraq
- “The battle is among Muslims themselves – a battle for the very soul of Islam” by MONA SIDDIQUI
- Genealogies of Religion, Twenty Years On: An Interview with Talal Asad